- 1 lb skirt steak (about 3/4 inch thick)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- good-quality aged balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt
- freshly-ground black pepper
- Season the steak generously on both sides with the salt and pepper. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the steak, followed by the olive oil, making sure to coat both sides. Let the steak come to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat, and let the pan get hot. Place the steak in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, for medium-rare. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Cut into thin slices, on the diagonal, and serve immediately.
If the skirt steak is very long, cut it into two or three pieces for easy handling while grilling.