Happy Easter weekend, darlings! Do you have plans to celebrate the holiday? The Honey has a four-day weekend, but we’ve been so busy this month, I’m perfectly happy to play it low-key this year, hunkered down inside for a cozy weekend. It’ll be just the two of us celebrating tomorrow morning with a lazy Sunday brunch, and perhaps a jaunt with the pup in the afternoon between Spring rain showers. Wishing you all a lovely weekend!
A quick, easy recipe for simple smoked Salmon on Toast.
- 4 slices pumpernickel or rye bread
- 8 oz sliced smoked wild salmon (look for Wild Alaskan Salmon or products that have been certified by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC)
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese or créme fraîche
- freshly-ground black pepper
- optional: lemon wedges, fresh dill for garnish
- Toast the bread. Spread the cream cheese onto the toast slices and layer with the salmon. Season lightly with pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve immediately.