These juicy, flavorful Chili Lime Shrimp Skewers are delicious in a lick-your-fingers-clean sort of way, and equally simple to pull together. A quick marinade of fresh lime juice, spicy chilies and fragrant herbs, then a brief stint under the broiler, and these succulent coral beauties are ready to be devoured.
If you have more self-control than we do, these would make a fantastic appetizer. However, if you too can’t help having just one more spicy-sweet little shrimp, a couple of these skewers make a great dinner paired with a salad or grain.
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1–2 jalapeno or serrano chiles (according to spice level) seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1–1/2 lb (24-30) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Preheat the broiler.
- Add the lime zest and juice, chiles, garlic, cilantro, mint and olive oil to a food processor and blend to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour over the shrimp and let marinade for at least 10 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
- Place 4 or 5 shrimp on each wooden skewer and lay the skewers on to a non-stick sheet pan. Brush the shrimp with the remaining sauce. Broil for 4-5 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through. Serve immediately.
Be sure to soak the skewers in water before cooking, just to be sure that they don’t catch on fire!