- 2 lbs baby red potatoes, halved or quartered
- 2–3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp (about 2 cloves) fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 Tbsp flat leaf Italian parsley, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme or rosemary, minced
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the chopped potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with just enough olive oil to coat well. Toss with the garlic, 1/2 cup Parmesan, and herbs, until combined.
- Arrange the potatoes in an even layer on the prepared sheet pan. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, turning once or twice, until crispy and golden. You’ll know the potatoes are ready when the skins are beginning to wrinkle, and can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove from the oven, and while still warm, toss the potatoes with the remaining 1 Tbsp of Parmesan. Season with more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve warm.
The potatoes can be roasted in advance: Just pop the (room-temperature) potatoes back in the oven for 10-15 minutes to reheat, before tossing with the reserved Parmesan and serving.