Ice Cream Base
- 2–1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Cinnamon Apple Swirl
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until well-combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours until thoroughly chilled.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Toss the apples with the brown sugar and spices and add to the skillet. Cook, stirring often, until the apples are tender, about 2-3 mins. Remove from the heat and let cool. Cover and refrigerate along with the cream base.
- Prior to making the ice cream, whisk the cream base a few times, and pour into an 1-1/2 quart capacity ice cream machine. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions, and churn until the ice cream is frozen and fluffy, about the consistency of soft-serve (generally 20-25 minutes). About three to five minutes before the ice cream is ready, or when the ice cream looks like it is mostly set up, carefully pour in the cinnamon-apple mixture, and continue churning.
- Spoon the ice cream into freezer-safe containers, and for a firmer texture, cover and freeze for an hour or two.