- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (fresh or from a jar)
- 1–1/2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tbsp fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, basil etc.), finely chopped
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, spoon the tomato sauce into an individual-sized baking dish, leaving a well in the center of the sauce for the eggs. Drizzle the cream around the sauce. Carefully add the eggs to the dish, one at a time, so that the yolks stay intact. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and herbs.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the sauce is bubbly, and the eggs are to your preferred doneness (I prefer the whites to be cooked through, and the yolk slightly runny, which falls somewhere in the middle of the timeline). Serve immediately with toast or an english muffin.