- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach leaves, roughly-chopped into bit-sized pieces
- 2 cups packed fresh Swiss chard leaves, removed from stem and roughly-chopped into bit-sized pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1–1/2 tbsp half-and-half or heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Carefully break the eggs into small bowls so that the yolks stay intact. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until it begins to shimmer. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two, until just beginning to brown. Add the spinach and the Swiss chard to the skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally until the greens begin to wilt and cook down but are still bright green, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the greens from the heat and divide into 2 oven-safe ramekins or small, shallow baking dishes. Top each with two eggs. Drizzle each dish with the cream, then top with a sprinkling of Parmesan and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cream begins to bubble and the eggs are cooked to your desired doneness. Serve immediately.