- 18 Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 3 strips thick-cut applewood-smoked bacon
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare your Brussels sprouts and heat a large sauté pan over medium-heat. Layer a couple of paper towels on a large plate. Set aside.
- Add the bacon to the pan, and cook until crispy. Transfer to the plate.
- Add the butter, onions, and garlic to the bacon drippings and cook over medium heat until the onions are softened and beginning to color, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, cut side down, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cut sides begin to caramelize, about 6-8 minutes. The outer leaves should remain bright green.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop or crumble the bacon and toss together in the pan with the Brussels sprouts. Best served immediately. Enjoy!!
For the best flavor and texture, look for small, firm, and bright green sprouts.
Keywords: brussels sprouts with bacon, bacon brussels sprouts, easy side dish, quick, garlic