Blueberry Plum Filling
- 2 medium plums, pitted and sliced
- 1–1/2 cups blueberries
- 2 Tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- optional but recommended: 2 tsp arrowroot starch
Oat Crumble Topping
- 1/2 cup rolled (old-fashioned) oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- pinch fine sea salt
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter,* softened
- Preheat the oven to 375* F. In a medium mixing bowl, toss together the plum slices, blueberries, sugar, spices, and arrowroot starch, if using. Set aside.
- Make the crumble topping: In a small mixing bowl, stir together the oats, flour, brown sugar and salt until combined. Add the butter, and use a pastry blender or your fingers to cut the butter into the dry ingredients. Continue until the butter is completely incorporated, and the mixture comes together into a chunky crumb.
- Divide the blueberry-plum mixture between 4 oven-safe ramekins. Top with the crumble topping and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the crumble topping is golden brown and the berry juices begin to bubble.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm with fresh whipped cream, a scoop of vanilla ice cream and/or a dusting of powdered sugar.
For a vegan crumble, substitute vegan butter (such as Earth Balance) or room-temperature unrefined coconut oil.
For a gluten free crumble, swap out the all-purpose flour for oat flour, almond flour, or your favorite gluten free flour blend.