Perfectly juicy roasted chicken and lemony white beans combine with fresh herbs for a warming and comforting Winter meal.
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to season
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium-sized yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 15.5 oz can cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat until the oil begins to shimmer. Add the chicken thighs, skin-side down, and cook until lightly browned about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to an oven-safe dish and roast until the juices run clear when pierced with a knife, about 15-20 minutes.
- While the chicken is roasting, add the butter to the skillet. When the butter melts, add the onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add the beans and half of the liquid from the can to the skillet. Stir to combine and let the liquid come to a boil. Add the lemon juice, parsley and tarragon and season with more salt and pepper, to taste. Reduce the heat and let simmer until the chicken is done. Serve warm with crispy bread and a green salad.