- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1–2 jalapeno or serrano chiles (according to spice level) seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1–1/2 lb (24-30) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Preheat the broiler.
- Add the lime zest and juice, chiles, garlic, cilantro, mint and olive oil to a food processor and blend to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour over the shrimp and let marinade for at least 10 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
- Place 4 or 5 shrimp on each wooden skewer and lay the skewers on to a non-stick sheet pan. Brush the shrimp with the remaining sauce. Broil for 4-5 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through. Serve immediately.
Be sure to soak the skewers in water before cooking, just to be sure that they don’t catch on fire!