- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8×8-inch baking pan with cooking spray or grease with butter. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand-up mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the melted butter and brown sugar on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla, followed by the egg, and mix until completely combined, and the mixture has slightly lightened in color, about 30 seconds.
- Turn the mixer down to low, and add the cinnamon, followed by the flour mixture. Mix until just combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, as needed. Mix in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Turn the dough out into the prepared baking pan, using a spatula to even out the top and smooth the dough into the corners. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top, and bake until the top is golden brown and the cookie bars are cooked through, about 20-25 minutes. Let the cookie bars cool in the pan before slicing. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 24g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Protein: 2g