- 12 tbs unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz light sour cream
- ¼ cup fat free milk
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pint, fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 16-18 paper muffin cups in muffin tins.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a stand-up mixer with the paddle attachment, until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly add eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream and milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together until fully combined.
- With mixer still on low, slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just combined.
- Turn mixer off. Using a spatula, fold in blueberries until evenly distributed within the batter.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling cups nearly to the brim.
- Bake 25 mins, or until tops begin to brown and a cake-tester comes out clean. Let cool on a baking rack. Serve warm.