These easy, one bowl banana muffins are tender, moist, and full of sweet, cinnamon-spiced banana flavor. Made with simple, pantry staples, in just one bowl, no mixer required, these tasty muffins are a family favorite! Vegan and gluten-free friendly.
- 2 medium bananas (about 1–1/4 cups), very ripe
- 2 tsp (10g) pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120g) vegetable oil ¹
- 1/3 cup (66g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (66g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup (80g) milk ²
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1–1/2 tsp (9g) baking soda
- 1–3/4 cups (210g) all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- Preheat the oven to 375℉. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or lightly grease with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use the back of a large fork to mash the banana until smooth and only very small lumps remain. Whisk in the vanilla and oil until combined.
- Whisk in the sugar, milk and egg. Switching to a spatula, stir in the spices, salt, and baking soda.
- Gently fold in the flour until just combined and no streaks of flour remain. Be careful not to overmix.
- Use a medium cookie scoop (or a large spoon) to evenly divide the batter between the muffin cups. They will be mostly full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, rotating once halfway through, until the muffin tops are golden, gently domed, and a cake-tester (I use a toothpick) inserted into the centers comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the muffin tin for 10 or so minutes, before carefully removing and cooling on a baking rack. Enjoy!!
¹ Any neutral vegetable oil will work (vegetable, canola, sunflower, light olive oil, etc.).
² Use your favorite regular or non-dairy milk of choice. I typically use whole milk or unsweetened almond milk.
³ Make them egg-free: You can replace the egg with a flax egg. Simply stir together 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed with 2.5 Tbsp water in a small bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes while you’re getting the rest of the ingredients together (it will thicken up), and add to the batter in place of the egg.
Make them banana chocolate chip muffins: add 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (a mix of regular chips or chocolate chunks in the batter and some mini chocolate chips on top is best!).
Make them banana nut muffins: Add 1/2 cup finely-chopped walnuts or pecans (or your favorite nuts).
For mini muffins: divide the batter between a lightly greased 24-cup mini muffin tin (about 3/4 full). Bake at 350℉ for 15-18 minutes.
For a banana bread loaf: grease the bottom and sides of a 4-inch-by-8-1/2-inch loaf pan with butter and dust lightly with flour. Bake at 350℉ for 45-55 minutes. Let cool for 30 mins in the pan before removing and cooling completely on a baking rack.
Keywords: easy banana muffins, one bowl banana muffins, simple, cinnamon, allergy-friendly