For the broccoli salad
- 2 medium heads (3/4–1 lb) broccoli
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1–2 shallots, shaved or thinly-sliced
- 1–2 tsp white sesame seeds
- optional: 1/4 cup feta or ricotta salata cheese
for the lemon-tahini dressing
Make the lemon-tahini dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, 3 Tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, and honey until combined. Add up to another tablespoon of oil to thin as desired. Stir in the garlic, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Or, if saving for later, transfer to an air-tight jar. I like to reuse old jam jars for this, usually Bonne Maman jars. May be made in advance and kept refrigerated for up to two weeks.
Assemble the broccoli salad:
- Chop the broccoli into small bite-sized florets. Save the stems for broccoli stem pesto!
- Toss together the broccoli, shallots, and raisins or cranberries with the dressing. Refrigerate for about an hour. Just before serving, add the almonds, sesame seeds, and feta, if using. Serve chilled.
Keywords: healthy broccoli salad, tahini broccoli salad, broccoli salad without mayo, lemon, sesame, honey