This fresh lemon orzo pasta salad is a flavorful mix of orzo pasta, lemon, cucumber, salty feta, and fresh herbs. Easy and delicious, this quick pasta salad recipe is a crowd-pleasing side dish and a classic Summer favorite. Vegetarian and gluten free friendly.
- 1–1/2 cups dry orzo pasta ¹
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, or just enough to lightly coat the pasta
- 1 medium lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 large English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled ²
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Generously salt, and cook the orzo al dente according to package directions (about 9 minutes).
- Meanwhile, prep the cucumbers and herbs. Set aside.
- Drain the pasta, let cool for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a large mixing bowl and toss with the olive oil and lemon juice. Stir in the lemon zest, chopped cucumber, herbs, and feta.
- Season generously with salt and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!!
¹ Make it gluten free: swap in a gluten free orzo, like this one from DeLallo.
² I imagine you could also make this pasta salad dairy free with a plant-based feta cheese substitute.
This orzo pasta salad can be made up to a day in advance and kept in the refrigerator.
Keywords: lemon orzo pasta salad, cucumber, feta, greek inspired, herb