Sweet and simple peach puff pastry tarts tossed with wild honey and a hint of vanilla. This easy summer dessert stars juicy, fresh peaches, and takes advantage of store-bought frozen puff pastry. Recipe from forkknifeswoon.com
- Preheat the oven to 400 ℉. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Lay out the puff pastry onto a clean, lightly floured work surface. Using a sharp knife or pastry wheel, cut the puff pastry into 12 equal squares. Transfer the squares to the prepared sheet pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss the sliced peaches with the honey and vanilla.
- Layer the peach slices on top of the puff pastry squares, leaving about a 3/4″ border around the edges. Sprinkle with the demerara sugar, if using.
- Bake until the crust is golden and the peaches are tender, about 15-17 minutes. Transfer to a baking rack to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, fresh whipped cream, a dusting of powdered sugar, or a drizzle of simple vanilla icing. Enjoy!!
¹ Replace the peaches with your favorite stone fruit: nectarines, plums, or a mix!
² It’s a little bit more expensive, but using a high-quality, all-butter puff pastry such as Dufour (available at specialty markets such as Whole Foods) makes a big difference in the overall flavor of these tarts. Also, store-bought puff pastry is easiest to work with if you let it slowly defrost in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours prior to baking.
Keywords: peach puff pastry tarts, fruit tart, easy, quick, mini tart, peach tart, peach dessert, peach pastry, breakfast, honey,