For the Lamb Chops
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1–2 tsp good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, minced
- 4 lamb rib chops
For the Caramelized Cippolini Onions
- 10–12 whole Cippolini onions, skins removed
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and herbs. Season the lamb chops lightly with salt and pepper. Rub the chops with the olive oil mixture and set aside to marinate, for 15-30 minutes.
- Cook the Cippolini onions. Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions begin to soften and turn golden brown, about 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to low, and continue cooking, covered, for another 5-10 minutes until the onions are a deep, rich golden color, but still hold their shapes.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, add the chops to the skillet and cook to desired doneness, about 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Serve warm alongside the Cippolini onions.