Quick and easy, 3-ingredient peppermint chocolate covered Oreos. Classic Oreo cookies combine with melted white or dark chocolate and minty crushed candy canes for a festive and decadent, no-bake holiday treat.
- 24 OREO cookies
- 10 oz white chocolate ¹
- 10 oz semisweet chocolate ²
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- optional: 2 tsp coconut oil or vegetable shortening
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil (if using) together in either a double-boiler over gently simmering water, or in a heat-proof glass bowl in the microwave. If using a microwave, heat in bursts of 30 seconds on medium power, stirring well and scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula after each increment, until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- For easiest coverage, pour the melted chocolate into a small and relatively deep bowl. Dip each Oreo cookie in the melted chocolate, one at a time, using two forks or a candy dipping tool to roll until evenly coated.
- Let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl, then transfer the chocolate-covered cookies to the prepared pan. Work in batches until all cookies are coated.
- Sprinkle the tops with crushed peppermint, or drizzle with additional melted chocolate, as desired.
- Let sit for 20 mins, or until firm and set. Enjoy!!
- ¹ Alternatively, you may substitute 10 oz vanilla candy melts for the white baking chocolate. Melt as directed on the package, stir in 2 tsp melted coconut oil or all-vegetable shortening until smooth.
- ² I like to use bittersweet chocolate (60-70% cacao), but any chocolate will work. You can also substitute 10oz chocolate melting wafers (such as Ghiradelli), for easy “tempered” chocolate that stays shiny for longer.
- Will keep for several days, covered at room-temperature.
Keywords: chocolate covered oreos, peppermint, christmas cookie, easy, dessert, baking, white chocolate, 3 ingredient