for the pita flatbreads
- 4 pita
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 1–1/4 cups greens (arugula, mustard greens, spinach etc.)
- 1/4 cup roasted chickpeas
- small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 oz plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- squeeze of lemon
- 1–2 tsp water
- 1 Tbsp parsley, minced
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
Make the yogurt sauce
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt and lemon juice. Add a teaspoon or two of water – just enough to thin to a pourable consistency – and stir until smooth. Stir in the parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- (May be made in advance, and kept refrigerated for up to a week.)
Assemble the pita flatbreads
- Toast or warm the pita bread. Spread a heaping tablespoon of hummus on top of each pita and top with the greens and crispy chickpeas. Drizzle with the yogurt sauce and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Look for lemon or roasted garlic hummus, for an extra boost in flavor.
Make these gluten-free by using gluten-free pita.