A rich and creamy chocolate ganache tart with a chocolate graham crust, topped with fresh red raspberries for an impressive, decadent – and unexpectedly easy – dessert. Vegan and gluten free options.
for the crust:
- 1–1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs ¹
- 1/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, ² melted
for the chocolate ganache filling:
- 1–1/4 cups heavy cream or whole coconut milk
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate (60-70% cacao), roughly chopped
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 pints (12 oz) fresh raspberries
- optional: confectioners sugar, for dusting
Make the graham cracker crust:
- Preheat the oven to 375℉.
- Use a food-processor to pulse together the graham crumbs, brown sugar, and salt. Drizzle in the melted butter and pulse a few times until well-combined.
- Spoon the crumbs into a 9-inch tart pan, preferably with a removable bottom. Press firmly into an even layer along the bottom and sides of the pan. The flat bottom of a measuring cup works well for this.
- Place on a rimmed sheet plan to catch any leaks. Bake for 5-7 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on a baking rack.
Make the chocolate ganache filling:
- Place your chopped chocolate in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cream or coconut milk to a large, heavy-bottomed sauce pot over medium heat. Bring just to a simmer, then immediately remove from the heat and drizzle over the chopped chocolate.
- Let sit for 2-3 minutes, then stir with a spatula until the chocolate is completely melted, and the ganache is smooth and shiny. Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the ganache into the cooled graham cracker crust and smooth out the top with an offset spatula. Gently tap the bottom once or twice against the counter to release any air bubbles. Let cool on a baking rack until set, about 2 hours, or about an hour in the refrigerator. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Arrange the raspberries on top in a concentric circular pattern (or just pile them on!). Enjoy!!
¹ You’ll need approximately 9 regular graham cracker sheets to make your crumbs. Pulse together in a food processor until finely crushed. Make it gluten free: simply use gluten free chocolate graham crackers in the crust.
If using coconut milk, be sure to use full fat (not light or refrigerated coconut beverages), and stir well before measuring. Look for brands that have just two ingredients: coconut/coconut cream and water. My personal favorites are Golden Star and FOCO.
- Category: Baking, Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: raspberry chocolate ganache tart, dark chocolate, fruit tart, berry, vegan ganache, coconut milk, chocolate graham cracker crust, baking, dessert, plant based, classic, bittersweet, raspberry chocolate tart