A recipe for Raspberry Yogurt Cakes packed with delicate red raspberries, a hint of lemon and the sweet tang of Greek yogurt.
- 8 tbsp (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup refined sugar
- 1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand-up mixer with the paddle attachment on, cream together the butter and the sugars, mixing for about a minute or two on high-speed. Turn the mixer down to low-speed, and with the mixer running, add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla, yogurt, almond milk and lemon zest until fully incorporated. Turn the mixer off.
- Meanwhile, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well-mixed. With the mixer on low-speed, add the flour mixture, a bit at a time, until just incorporated. Be sure not to over mix. Turn the mixer off, and using a spatula, give the batter a quick stir. Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin tins, filling each cup about 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a cake-tester inserted into the middle of each muffins comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool on baking racks. Serve warm or at room temperature.