- 2 lbs strawberries, hulled and halved/quartered
- optional: 2-3 tsp pure maple syrup
Dark Chocolate-Coconut Granola:
- 5 cups rolled (old-fashioned) oats*
- 2 cups finely-shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 3/4 cup unrefined coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional: 2 oz chocolate chips/chunks
for each serving:
- 4 oz Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup roasted strawberries
- 1/4 cup chocolate granola
- small handful blueberries
- pure maple syrup, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Arrange the strawberries in an even layer on a parchment paper-lined rimmed sheet pan. Drizzle lightly with the maple syrup, if using. Roast until the strawberries are soft and fragrant, about 15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes on the pan, then transfer to a bowl (including juices) and let cool to room-temperature.
Dark Chocolate Granola
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9×13-inch rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, coconut, cocoa powder, cinnamon and salt. In a separate small mixing bowl or glass measuring cup (I use this Pyrex one), whisk together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla until combined. Drizzle over the dry ingredients, and use a spatula to stir the granola together until evenly moistened. Stir in the chocolate chunks, if using.
- Spread the granola into the sheet pan, and use the back of the spatula to gently press into an even layer. Bake for 35-45 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature in the pan. When the granola is completely cooled and crispy, use your fingers to break it into chunks. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Roasted Strawberry Yogurt Bowls
- Divide the yogurt between bowls, top with the roasted strawberries, a sprinkling of granola, and fresh blueberries or maple syrup, to taste. Enjoy!!