- 2 tsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 lb green beans,¹ trimmed
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp crumbled blue cheese (like gorgonzola)²
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the green beans, and gently toss with tongs or a spatula to coat in the oil. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic, and cook, stirring often, until just tender, but still vibrantly green, 1-2 minutes. Add a minute as needed for larger beans. Sprinkle with the blue cheese while still warm. Serve immediately.
¹ Look for slender haricot vert (French green beans) if you can find them, which have a more tender texture and delicate flavor. Fresh or frozen green beans will work here. For frozen green beans, defrost for a minute or two in a bowl of lukewarm water before adding to the skillet.
² I also love these skillet green beans with a dusting of Parmesan cheese in place of the gorgonzola.