A quick, flavorful corn and pepper bisque.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 2 large yellow or red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2–3 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp hot sauce (such as Tobasco)
- 4 cups fresh or frozen sweet corn kernels
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 6 tbsp goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups half-and-half
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large stockpot over medium heat until melted and shimmering. Add the onion, pepper, jalapeño, and garlic and stir to combine. Season with the salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the corn and the hot sauce, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are just translucent.
- Add the stock, cover, and let come to a simmer, then turn the heat down to low and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth. Return the pot to the burner and stir in the goat cheese and half-and-half. Serve warm with crispy bread.