- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp good-quality aged balsamic vinegar
- 5oz dry spinach pasta (or other pasta of your choice)
- 1–2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- handful of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- optional: grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Toss the tomatoes with the balsamic vinegar and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with the olive oil, just enough to coat the pasta.
- Toss the pasta with the tomatoes, pine nuts and basil. Top with the Parmesan, if using. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.