Basic Green Drink
- 1–1/2 to 2 cups chilled coconut water
- 1 cup (packed) baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup (packed) kale or Swiss chard leaves, removed from stem
- 1 apple, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 English cucumber, roughly chopped
- small handful fresh mint leaves
- small handful fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves
- juice of one lemon or lime
Optional Add-ins (Mix and match, to taste)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries and/or blackberries
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple and/or mango chunks
- chia or flax seeds
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender, and blend on high-speed until the mixture is smooth and well combined, about a minute or two. When the drink reaches your desired consistency, pour into glasses and enjoy immediately!
This recipe is really just an ingredient baseline. Feel free to experiment and find your favorite combinations and ratios. More or less of each ingredient is perfectly fine if it suits your taste!
Optionally, you can strain the mixture through cheesecloth or a fine-mesh sieve, to reduce the amount of pulp in the beverage, and reach a more juice-like consistency. If choosing this route and also adding any superfood seeds to the mix, add them after straining.
This juice is best enjoyed immediately, and can be stored in the fridge for up to a day. Some of the pulp may separate – simply shake or stir to mix before drinking.