The Perfect Leftover Ham Sandwich Recipe.
- 2 ciabatta rolls, or 4 slices of sourdough sandwich bread
- 4–6 slices, cooked spiral ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp strawberry preserves
- Lightly toast the bread. Spread the mustard and mayonnaise on to the bottom slice of the bread and layer with the ham and cheese.
- Toast open-faced in a toaster oven at 400 degrees for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted. Watch the oven carefully so as not to burn the sandwiches.
- Meanwhile, spread the preserves on the top pieces of bread. Remove the sandwiches from the toaster oven and top with the remaining slices of bread. Serve immediately.