- 36 OREO cookies
- 8 oz package brick cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz white baking chocolate, melted
- sprinkles, to decorate
Make the cookie ball filling:
- Pulse together the OREO cookies in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment until finely-crushed. Cut the softened cream cheese into tablespoon-sized pieces and add to the OREO crumbs, pulsing until smooth and completely combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes until chilled through.
- Alternatively, place the OREOS in a plastic freezer bag, and use a rolling pin to finely crush into crumbs. Stir in the softened cream cheese until smooth and completely combined.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. I like to use a small cookie scoop to scoop out uniform cookie balls, then use my hands to gently roll into smooth balls. Freeze for 10 minutes.
To coat and decorate:
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat. Set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate in either a double-boiler over gently simmering water, or in a heat-proof glass bowl in the microwave. If using a microwave, heat in bursts of 30 seconds on medium power, stirring well and scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula after each increment, until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Dip the cookie balls in the melted chocolate, one at a time, using two forks or a candy dipping tool to roll until evenly coated. Let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl, then transfer the chocolate-covered cookie balls to the prepared pan and let sit until the chocolate is set. Work in batches until all cookie balls are coated.
- Drizzle with additional melted chocolate or decorate with sprinkles or OREO crumbs, as desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
Keywords: Oreo cookie balls, no bake, white chocolate, christmas cookie, easy