A quick, weeknight dinner recipe for Chicken with a Quick Mustard Cream Sauce.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1–1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes each side, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate, and let rest. Add the garlic to the hot skillet and let cook for a minute or two. Pour the wine into the skillet, and whisk to release the pan-drippings. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is reduced by half, another minute or two. Add the mustard, half-and-half and thyme, and continue cooking and whisking until the sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Drizzle the sauce over the chicken and serve warm with lightly cooked or grilled vegetables and a glass of white wine.