Chicken with a Quick Mustard Cream Sauce
As if on cue, the arrival of Daylight Saving Time this weekend ushered in not only an extra hour of evening light, but the lovely, unexpected surprise of warm, sunny weather. After weeks of cold, dreary days, it suddenly feels as if Spring is here. While I know we may very well have snow again in the near future, for the moment I am focusing on this warm bliss.
Simply-seasoned chicken breasts drizzled with a creamy mustard pan-sauce pair nicely with grilled veggies and a glass of white wine for a delicious Spring supper. The recipe comes together quickly, leaving plenty of time to spend outside in the beautiful weather.
Weeknight Swoon :: Chicken with a Quick Mustard Cream Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
A quick, weeknight dinner recipe for Chicken with a Quick Mustard Cream Sauce.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1–1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes each side, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate, and let rest. Add the garlic to the hot skillet and let cook for a minute or two. Pour the wine into the skillet, and whisk to release the pan-drippings. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is reduced by half, another minute or two. Add the mustard, half-and-half and thyme, and continue cooking and whisking until the sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Drizzle the sauce over the chicken and serve warm with lightly cooked or grilled vegetables and a glass of white wine.
Thanks for sharing this very simple to prepare dish. Good read.
Oh yum this looks delicious, I definitely want to try this recipe 🙂
Thank you Rosie! I hope you try it 🙂