An easy, delicious recipe for Cinnamon Raisin French Toast, perfect for Sunday brunch.
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin brioche (or any cinnamon raisin bread you can find), sliced about 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Beat the eggs together with the almond milk and cream until thoroughly combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt half of the butter. Meanwhile, soak each piece of bread in the egg mixture for 5-10 seconds. When the butter begins to shimmer, add the bread to the skillet, leaving space between each piece. Cook for 2-3 minutes, each side, until the toast is golden brown.
- Place the cooked pieces of toast on a cookie sheet in the oven to stay warm while cooking the remaining pieces. Serve warm with butter, maple syrup, sliced almonds and fresh berries.