Creamy coconut and mixed berry popsicles. These super easy berry swirled popsicles are refined-sugar free, vegan-friendly, and made with just 4 simple and wholesome ingredients.
- 1 (15 oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1/4 cup pure honey, divided
- 3/4 cup blackberries
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- Whisk together the coconut milk, vanilla and 2 Tbsp of the honey, until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Blend together the berries and remaining honey, until smooth and combined. Add more honey, to taste, as necessary.
- For a creamy pop: Stir together the coconut milk and berry puree, and divide evenly between the popsicle molds. Freeze for 30 minutes, then insert the popsicle sticks, and continue freezing for 4 hours, or until firm.
- For a layered pop: Divide the coconut milk equally between the popsicle molds. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes, or so, then top with the berry puree. Freeze again for 30 minutes, then insert the popsicle sticks and continue freezing for 4 hours, or until firm. Enjoy!!
Use any combination of your favorite berries, adjusting the sweetness level as necessary. Remember, the sweetness will mellow once frozen.
You can substitute granulated sugar, agave or maple syrup for the honey, if you prefer.
I choose to use full-fat coconut milk in this (and most) frozen coconut recipes because it results in a creamier frozen texture that more closely mimics dairy cream. You can certainly use a lower fat-content coconut milk, but it will result in an “icier” textured pop.
To remove the popsicles, either let them sit out for 5-10 minutes until soft enough to pull out, or submerge the bottom of the popsicle mold (up to the edge of the top) in room-temperature water for 10-15 seconds, then gently pull to release.
Keywords: mixed berry popsicles, coconut berry popsicles, berry swirl, easy, vegan, coconut milk