A quick and easy recipe for tropically-inspired Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Tacos.
- 8 (6-inch) tortillas
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 8 pineapple rings, about 1/4-inch thick
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup cotija or queso fresco cheese
- fresh cilantro, to taste
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, lime juice, garlic, and spices, until well-combined. Add the shrimp and stir to evenly coat. Let marinade for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill or grill-pan over medium-high heat. Add the pineapple slices to the grill and cook until golden, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and set aside. Add the shrimp to the grill pan and cook until opaque, about 2-3 minutes per side, depending on size.
- Cut the grilled pineapple rings into chunks. Divide the shrimp and pineapple evenly among the tortillas, top with the jalapeno, cabbage, cheese and cilantro. Serve immediately.