A hearty and delicious Slow Cooker Turkey Chili.
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 tbsp Mexican hot chile powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 2 15.5oz cans low-sodium dark red kidney beans
- 2 14.5oz cans roasted tomatoes
- 2 10oz cans medium enchilada sauce
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 1 4.5oz can chopped green chiles
Suggested Optional Toppings:
- Grated sharp cheddar cheese, light sour cream, diced scallions, and fresh cilantro.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the turkey. As the turkey cooks, add the spices, and using the edge of a heat-proof spatula, break the meat into small, bite-size pieces.
- When the turkey is fully browned, add to a Slow Cooker, and top with the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours until the chili is bubbly. Serve warm with the toppings of your choice.