Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
We live a bit outside of town, where farmland regularly intersects with a scattering of houses and small neighborhoods. It’s peaceful here. Open. Quiet. Plenty of land to meander through with the pup. This winter, it’s been especially still, with occasional falling snow and misty, foggy days.
When the weather grows chilly, I turn to a handful of my favorite comfort recipes; tried-and-true soups and stews, warming roasts and a few other cozy dishes, including this hearty Turkey Chili. Not only is this flavorful chili a perfect cold-weather antidote, I love that it mostly cooks itself, simmering away all day in the Slow Cooker, awaiting our return from a late-afternoon walk in the fields.
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 20 mins
- Yield: 6-8 Servings 1x
A hearty and delicious Slow Cooker Turkey Chili.
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 tbsp Mexican hot chile powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 2 15.5oz cans low-sodium dark red kidney beans
- 2 14.5oz cans roasted tomatoes
- 2 10oz cans medium enchilada sauce
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 1 4.5oz can chopped green chiles
Suggested Optional Toppings:
- Grated sharp cheddar cheese, light sour cream, diced scallions, and fresh cilantro.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the turkey. As the turkey cooks, add the spices, and using the edge of a heat-proof spatula, break the meat into small, bite-size pieces.
- When the turkey is fully browned, add to a Slow Cooker, and top with the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours until the chili is bubbly. Serve warm with the toppings of your choice.
Pingback: 12 Slow Cooker Recipes | DonzWebb
Pingback: related web-site
I must say, a friend served this at a party and all were raving about it and asked for the recipe. I took a bunch home and literally made the “yum” sound out loud during each bite. I also made it this week and it’s just awesome. Best chili i have ever had, let alone the healthy version! THANKS!
Fabulous recipe! Love the addition of the enchilada sauce, made it for a game day dinner and it was perfect!
Thank you so much! I’m so glad you enjoyed it!
Thank you so much, Neil, that is so nice to hear! I’m really glad you enjoyed the recipe! It’s one of our favorites for this time of year…
Pingback: Weekend Cook and Tell Round Up: Love For Legumes | Recipes Pinboard
Pingback: Weekend Cook and Tell Round Up: Love For Legumes - dailyhomecooking.com
Pingback: Weekend Cook and Tell Round Up: Love For Legumes | Dessert Recipe Wall