- 1/3 cup good-quality olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, removed from woody stems and minced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, removed from woody stems and minced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped, plus more for serving, as desired
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 skin-on trout filets, about 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Make the herbed olive oil. Add the olive oil and herbs to a small mixing bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add about a tablespoon of the olive oil to the skillet, just enough to coat the bottom, and heat until the oil begins to shimmer.
- Season the trout with salt and pepper and add skin-side up to the pan. Cook undisturbed until just golden, about 2-3 minutes. Flip the trout and transfer the skillet to the oven. Roast until the fish is opaque and cooked-through, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve warm with the fresh tomatoes and a drizzle of the herbed olive oil.