This quick, healthy recipe for a lemony, fresh Vegetable Salad with White Beans and Parmesan makes a perfect Spring side dish.
- 2 tbsp good-quality olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup asparagus, trimmed and cut in to 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup English peas
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup canned white beans, drained
- 1 lemon, halved and quartered
- 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp shaved Parmesan
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two until it begins to brown. Add the asparagus, English peas, snow peas, and white beans to the pan and stir to combine. Squeeze half of the lemon over the vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining lemon pieces and the parsley to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just cooked, but still al dente, about 3-4 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the heat and divide into bowls. Top with the Parmesan and serve immediately.
- Category: Salad