Spring Vegetable Salad with White Beans and Parmesan
It’s just about that time of year when fresh, bright green vegetables begin popping up in the market, cheerfully ushering in the start of Spring. We love the combination of asparagus, English peas and snow peas in this salad, which celebrates the verdant arrivals of the season with a quick sauté and a simple dressing of lemon and Parmesan that lets the vegetables shine. Perfect as an easy Spring side dish, the addition of protein-packed white beans also makes this salad satisfying enough for a light lunch.
This quick, healthy recipe for a lemony, fresh Vegetable Salad with White Beans and Parmesan makes a perfect Spring side dish.
- 2 tbsp good-quality olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup asparagus, trimmed and cut in to 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup English peas
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup canned white beans, drained
- 1 lemon, halved and quartered
- 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp shaved Parmesan
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two until it begins to brown. Add the asparagus, English peas, snow peas, and white beans to the pan and stir to combine. Squeeze half of the lemon over the vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining lemon pieces and the parsley to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just cooked, but still al dente, about 3-4 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the heat and divide into bowls. Top with the Parmesan and serve immediately.