Easy roasted pumpkin seeds with cinnamon and brown sugar. Our favorite way to use leftover seeds from pumpkin carving. You’ll need just 5 ingredients to make this sweet and salty snack!
- 1–1/2 cups pumpkin (or other winter squash) seeds
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1–1/2 Tbsp light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a a large rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Scoop the pumpkin seeds out of the pumpkin and into a large colander. Rinse the pumpkin seeds thoroughly under cold running water. Use your hands to separate any lingering pumpkin flesh from the seeds. Shake off as much water as you can, then pat dry with paper towel.
- Stir together the melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium mixing bowl, until completely combined. Add the pumpkin seeds and toss to coat.
- Evenly spread the pumpkin seeds in a single layer on the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring/flipping a few times, until the seeds are lightly golden and crispy. Be sure to check often, as the roasting time can vary.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a baking rack to cool completely. Enjoy!!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted pumpkin seeds, brown sugar, cinnamon, easy, sweet