These juicy, flavorful Chili Lime Shrimp Skewers are delicious in a lick-your-fingers-clean sort of way, and equally simple to pull together. A quick marinade of fresh lime juice, spicy chilies and fragrant herbs, then a brief stint under the broiler, and these succulent coral beauties are ready to be devoured.
If you have more self-control than we do, these would make a fantastic appetizer. However, if you too can’t help having just one more spicy-sweet little shrimp, a couple of these skewers make a great dinner paired with a salad or grain.
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1-2 jalapeno or serrano chiles (according to spice level) seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 lb (24-30) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Preheat the broiler.
- Add the lime zest and juice, chiles, garlic, cilantro, mint and olive oil to a food processor and blend to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour over the shrimp and let marinade for at least 10 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
- Place 4 or 5 shrimp on each wooden skewer and lay the skewers on to a non-stick sheet pan. Brush the shrimp with the remaining sauce. Broil for 4-5 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through. Serve immediately.