Strawberry Coconut Banana Smoothies
Happy Monday, lovelies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. We had a couple of exquisitely warm afternoons here the last few days, quite welcome after the way the weather has been toying with us. I suddenly can’t wait for strawberry season to kick into full gear, and have a million recipes on the brain for the sweet little, luscious berries. This morning it was this creamy Strawberry, Coconut Banana Smoothie.
I’ve become quite the fan of coconut milk; I love the flavor and creamy texture it adds to dishes, and it’s one of my favorite ways to thicken fruit smoothies. A handful of berries, banana, some thick Greek yogurt, and a splash of coconut milk, and you’re on your way to healthy morning bliss.
A quick, delicious recipe for a Strawberry Coconut Banana Smoothie – a healthy way to start your day.
- 2 cups unsweetened plain or vanilla coconut milk
- 1–1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1–1/2 frozen bananas, broken into 1-inch chunks
- 8oz plain, honey or vanilla Greek yogurt
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high-speed until smooth, creamy, and well-combined, about 1-2 minutes. Pour into two large glasses and serve immediately.