I’m working with Dunkin’ At Home to bring you this Double Chocolate Blended Iced Mocha recipe today. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Fork Knife Swoon!
I made you a blended iced mocha inspired by donuts and coffee… chocolate glazed donuts and coffee to be exact. Have I gone too far? Or just to that perfect precipice of pure chocolatey coffee indulgence…
Too far might have been blending actual donuts into this decadent drink, so I think we’re still on track.
Instead, these mochas, which fall somewhere between classic blended iced coffee and chocolate-coffee milkshakes, are packed with dark chocolate, richly-flavored coffee, a hint of nutmeg (a nod to the classic glazed donut), a crown of whipped cream, and several drizzles of chocolate syrup.
Inspired by classic chocolate glazed cake donuts – tender-crumbed with a sweet, vanilla glaze – one of the several flavors in Dunkin’ Donuts® Bakery Series® (link) line of brew at home ground coffees, these super indulgent frozen mochas beam with chocolate.
Each of the coffees in the Bakery Series® line is subtly infused with sweet flavors inspired by favorite bakery treats – like caramel coffee cake, cinnamon rolls, and vanilla cupcakes.
For these mochas, I’ve used the Chocolate Glazed Donut flavor, because what goes better together than coffee and donuts? Coffee + chocolate is a close runner up, and all three together makes for a match made in dessert heaven.
Topped with whipped cream and chocolate syrup, which drizzles into a delicious mess atop the spiced chocolate-coffee goodness, these bad boys make for the sweetest of afternoon treats.
I’ll admit these mochas are a little high maintenance. Or, at least require some advance planning. To do this iced blended coffee thing right, anyway.
BUT, as with so many delicious recipes, very worth it. There are tried and tested reasons we need to be a little more patient than usual, promise.
As with any iced coffee drink, you’ll want to start with cold coffee. You can either make cold brew concentrate, or just brew up a pot of very strong (stronger than you would want to drink black) coffee, then set it aside to chill thoroughly in the refrigerator.
Instead of adding ice cubes to the blender along with the coffee and milk, which I never like to do in frozen drinks or smoothies because it dilutes the flavor, instead, make milk cubes!
Simply fill a regular ice cube tray with your milk of choice (whole milk, coconut milk, or cashew milk are my favorites for ultra creamy blended coffees and lattes), and pop it in the freezer overnight.
In the morning, or whenever you’re in the mood for a sweet coffee treat, add the coffee, milk cubes, a scoop of your favorite chocolate ice cream (to really take things up a notch on the indulgent scale), a pinch of nutmeg, and a drizzle of chocolate syrup to a blender, and prepare for chocolate-coffee nirvana.
So, so good.
This post is sponsored by Dunkin’ At Home. You can find their Bakery Series® ground coffees at most places you buy groceries (I found mine at Target, Albertsons, and Fred Meyer). As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Fork Knife Swoon!Print
- 1-1/2 cups Dunkin’ Donuts® Bakery Series® Glazed Chocolate Donut coffee, brewed and chilled
- 12 milk ice cubes
- pinch ground nutmeg
- optional: 1/2 cup (one regular scoop) chocolate ice cream
- 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
- for serving: fresh whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup
- The day before, make the milk ice cubes by freezing your favorite milk in an ice cube tray, and freezing overnight. Whole milk, coconut milk, or cashew milk (or a mix) are my favorites for the creamiest blended coffees and lattes.
- Brew the coffee so that it’s extra strong, set aside to cool to room-temperature, then chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp of chocolate syrup into the bottom of two tall glasses. Set aside.
- Add the coffee, frozen milk cubes, nutmeg, and chocolate ice cream, if using, to a blender, and blend until smooth. Pour into the two glasses, and use a spoon or straw to swirl the chocolate syrup into the blended mocha.
- Top with a swirl of whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup, as desired. Serve immediately.