Cucumber Lime Agua Frescas
Not that we need an excuse to indulge on Mexican food under normal circumstances – I’m pretty confident it would be financially sound to buy stock in chips and/or salsa simply based on our weekly consumption – with Cinco de Mayo right around the corner, I’ve been whipping up spicy dishes even more than usual.
All that heat requires some liquid tempering, which can’t always mean margaritas, though we do love a great tequila cocktail. These verdant cucumber lime agua frescas are a delicious, healthy alternative, and about as refreshing as it gets, making for the perfect accompaniment to spicy meals or a sweltering day.
Wishing you a delicious weekend!Print
Incredibly refreshing Cucumber Lime Agua Frescas, the perfect accompaniment to spicy dishes on a hot day.
- 2 medium-sized cucumbers, ends removed and roughly chopped
- 4 limes, juiced
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves, plus more to garnish
- 1 cup water
- optional: 1-2 Tbsp agave syrup or sugar, to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until completely combined, about 15 t0 30 seconds.
- Pour the juice through a fine-mesh strainer into a pitcher, pressing down with the back of a spoon to extract as much juice as possible.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses and serve with extra mint to garnish.
Keywords: cucumber lime agua frescas